Get Closer at Safari Niagara
Join us for our Rhino Experience!
Cost: $40.00 + HST per person (SAVE BY BOOKING TWO DIFFERENT BEHIND THE SCENES TOURS FOR ONLY $60.00)
Availability: 2:00PM Daily
Each and every day 7 days a week all year long in every possible type of weather, Safari Niagara’s devoted Animal Care Team works diligently to ensure our animals receive the best possible care. Join us for a behind the scenes tour as keepers explain some of the trials and tributes facing them on a daily basis as they care for these noble creatures.
While exploring behind the scenes at the both the Southern White and Indian Rhinoceros houses, keepers will take you on a journey. Standing next to one of these majestic creatures will certainly put their size and brute strength into perspective. You will be able to gently rub the hard thick skins of these animals giving you understanding as to how they endure the heat and sustain injury from other rival males in their native habitats.
After visiting the White Rhino’s we will take you on a tour of the new Indian Rhino House, see the difference in size, physical characteristics and nutritional requirements that make these two species so very different.
Learn the importance of sustainable captive populations and how you can help this species by understanding the importance of captive breeding programs all over the globe. Learn even more as you explore the 5 species of rhino inhabiting our earth; and why their very existence is under threat.
Please note the following:
- Experiences run approximately 30 minutes (may run up to 45 minutes)
- Experiences limited to a maximum of six people and a minimum of two people
- Minimum age to experience tour is 6 years old.
- Space is limited and reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment
- Credit card required to hold booking and will be charged on day of tour
- 48 hour cancellation policy – if a tour is cancelled within 48 hours of reservation date the credit card used for booking will be charged the full amount
- Tours run rain or shine
- Safari Niagara reserves the right to change an experience due to circumstances out of our control such as an animal’s health, exhibit maintenance, etc
- Absolutely no photos allowed on the tours
- Admission to Safari Niagara is an additional cost
How to Book Your Rhino Experience
Reservations are required for Behind the Scenes Experiences. Fill out the below form to inquire about our behind the scenes tours and a Safari Niagara staff member will be in touch with you. You can also phone us at 905-382-9669 to book your tour.