Get Closer at Safari Niagara
Join us for our Rhino Experience!
Cost: $40.00 + HST per person
Availability: 4:00PM Daily
Each and every day 7 days a week all year long in every possible type of weather, Safari Niagara’s devoted Animal Care Team works diligently to ensure our animals receive the best possible care. Join us for a behind the scenes tour as keepers explain some of the trials and tributes facing them on a daily basis as they care for these noble creatures.
While exploring behind the scenes at the both the Southern White and Indian Rhinoceros houses, keepers will take you on a journey. Standing next to one of these majestic creatures will certainly put their size and brute strength into perspective. You will be able to gently rub the hard thick skins of these animals giving you understanding as to how they endure the heat and sustain injury from other rival males in their native habitats.
After visiting the White Rhino’s we will take you on a tour of the new Indian Rhino House, see the difference in size, physical characteristics and nutritional requirements that make these two species so very different.
Learn the importance of sustainable captive populations and how you can help this species by understanding the importance of captive breeding programs all over the globe. Learn even more as you explore the 5 species of rhino inhabiting our earth; and why their very existence is under threat.
Please note the following:
- Experiences run approximately 35-45 minutes in length
- Experiences limited to a maximum of six people and a minimum of two people
- Minimum age to experience tour is 6 years old.
- Children must be supervised at all times – they will not be permitted to move about without the parent at arms reach
- Space is limited and reservations are required to avoid disappointment
- Payment is due upon booking.
- Seven (7) day cancellation policy – if a tour is cancelled within seven (7) days of reservation date a refund will NOT be given.
- Tours run rain or shine
- Safari Niagara reserves the right to change an experience due to circumstances out of our control such as an animal’s health, exhibit maintenance, etc
- Photos & video are not permitted at all times of your tour and only allowed at the zookeepers discretion.
- Photos can be taken outside but not in barn areas
- Admission to Safari Niagara is an additional cost