Get Closer at Safari Niagara
Join us for our Lion Experience!
Availability: 10:00AM Daily (Must be booked 24 hours in advance)
- All Guests are to check in at Guest Services (entrance of the park) for their Behind The Scenes Experience at least 1 hour before their booked time
- Please note that all Behind The Scenes Experiences will start at exactly the time stated and can not be delayed.
Each and every day, 7 days a week, all year long in every possible type of weather, Safari Niagara’s devoted Animal Care Team works diligently to ensure our animals receive the best possible care. Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour as keepers explain some of the trials and tributes facing them on a daily basis as they care for these noble creatures.
While exploring behind the scenes at the Lion exhibit, you will be face to face with one of the world’s deadliest predators. You will feel the regal Lions breath in your face intensifying your experience. Learn how their physical anatomy contributes to their sheer power and stealth. How they can be so gentle with their offspring yet when in search of food or in danger become a deadly opponent. Please note: guests do not feed the lions during the Behind-the-Scenes tour.
Keepers will explain the need for sustainable captive populations; how these populations are governed and the importance it has on wild populations.
Book your behind the scenes tour; come talk to a lion and be amazed.
Please note the following:
- Experiences run approximately 35-45 minutes in length
- Experiences limited to a maximum of six people and a minimum of two people
- Minimum age to experience tour is 6 years old.
- Children must be supervised at all times – they will not be permitted to move about without the parent at arms reach
- Space is limited and reservations are required to avoid disappointment
- Payment is due upon booking.
- Seven (7) day cancellation policy – if a tour is cancelled within seven (7) days of reservation date a refund will NOT be given.
- Tours run rain or shine
- Safari Niagara reserves the right to change an experience due to circumstances out of our control such as an animal’s health, exhibit maintenance, etc
- Photos & videos are not permitted at all times of your tour and only allowed at the zookeeper’s discretion.
- Photos can be taken outside but not in barn areas
- Admission to Safari Niagara is an additional cost