Get Closer at Safari Niagara
Join us for our Giraffe Experience!
Cost: $40.00 + HST per person (Save by booking two different behind the scenes tours for only $60.00)
Availability: 4:00PM Daily
Each and every day 7 days a week all year long in every possible type of weather, Safari Niagara’s devoted Animal Care Team works diligently to ensure our animals receive the best possible care. Join us for a behind the scenes tour as keepers explain some of the trials and tributes facing them on a daily basis as they care for these noble creatures.
While exploring behind the scenes at the Giraffes, keepers will take you on a journey. You will learn how the tallest mammal in world is able to travel from zoo to zoo and exactly what it takes to bring them into Canada from another country. Learn the importance of quarantine and what is involved while working through the quarantine process. See how much thought goes into creating the environment that they now call home.
Ever wonder how it is possible for a giraffe to have the same number of vertebrate in the neck as humans; or how tall a baby giraffe is when it is born? While keepers answer these and many more questions they will also explain the need for sustainable captive populations; how these populations are governed and the importance it has on wild populations.
Join us for a behind the scenes tour and let Moses, Ziphora and Rainbow steal your heart as you stand next to one of the world’s most iconic species.
Please note the following:
- Experiences run approximately 30 minutes (may run up to 45 minutes)
- Experiences limited to a maximum of six people and a minimum of two people
- Minimum age to experience tour is 6 years old.
- Space is limited and reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment
- Credit card required to hold booking and will be charged on day of tour
- 48 hour cancellation policy – if a tour is cancelled within 48 hours of reservation date the credit card used for booking will be charged the full amount
- Tours run rain or shine
- Safari Niagara reserves the right to change an experience due to circumstances out of our control such as an animal’s health, exhibit maintenance, etc
- Absolutely no photos allowed on the tours
- Admission to Safari Niagara is an additional cost
How to Book Your Giraffe Experience
Reservations are required for Behind the Scenes Experiences. Fill out the below form to inquire about our behind the scenes tours and a Safari Niagara staff member will be in touch with you. You can also phone us at 905-382-9669 to book your tour.