Since it opened in 2002, Safari Niagara has been the recipient of many awards for its innovativeness, dedication to quality in its animal and customer care practices, and overall successes so far.
Awards & Accomplishments
- 2014 Travelzoo Excellence Award – Attractions and Activities
- 2014 Traveller’s Choice Awards – Top Zoos in Canada – Trip Advisor
- 2014 Trip Advisor – Certificate of Excellence
- 2014 – Support Group Award – Cystic Fibrosis Canada (Ontario Chapter)
- 2013 – Niagara Entrepreneur of the Year Awards – “Tourism Enterprise” Award
- 2011 – Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce – Large Business of Excellence
- 2006 – Fort Erie’s Finest – “Family Entertainment” – Readers Choice Award
- 2006 – Niagara Entrepreneur of the Year Awards – Nominated for “Emerging Entrepreneur and “Family Enterprise” categories
- 2005 – Audited by the World Society for the Protection of Animals and of the 16 zoos audited, Safari Niagara was one of four zoological facilities in Ontario that scored a passing grade.
- 2005 – Fort Erie’s Finest- “Best Summer Fun Spot” – Readers Choice Award
- 2004 – Fort Erie’s Finest – “Family Entertainment” – Readers Choice Award
- 2003 – Progressive Development Award – Awarded by Niagara Falls Tourism
- 2002 – Fort Erie’s Finest – “Family Entertainment” – Readers Choice Award
- 2002 – Progressive Development Award – Awarded by Niagara Falls Tourism
Whatever awards won, the ultimate success of Safari Niagara comes with the impact it has on its visitors. It is assumed that over the past seasons of operation at least one person has entered the park unaware of the importance of nature and preserving the environment. It is safe to say that after spending the day at Safari Niagara, that person left the park with a new perspective on the unique relationship he or she has with our planet and how vital it is to respect it completely.